Traditional water heaters are big, bulky, and typically their only advantage is the initial cost of installation being substantially less than other water heating solutions. However, if the tank is not sized correctly for your home, you could run out of hot water too soon, or spend more money than you should be to constantly heat and store more water than you need. A tankless water heater takes care of those issues with its compact size, and by only heating water when it’s needed, which saves energy, money, and space. Here are just a few reasons to give Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters a try:
1. An endless supply of hot water on demand. A big disadvantage of traditional hot water tanks is if you use all of the hot water in the tank you are stuck waiting for additional hot water, until there is enough time to re-heat a new tank. A tankless heater only heats the water being used. This allows you to shower for as long as you like while still using hot water for other tasks. You no longer worry about that freezing cold shot of water that comes someone turning on the tap or the laundry while you are in the shower.
2. By only heating water when you need it you will save a substantial amount of money on your utility bills. The average savings is between 10% and 30% depending on your homes water usage. This is because you no longer need to pay to heat hot water when it is not being used!
3. The removal of the giant tank will also help you contribute to saving the planet. Not only are you conserving energy, you are also reducing waste.
4. Tankless water heaters the ultimate space saver. These units are typically about the size of a suitcase, a vast different from a traditional tank with can take up to 16 feet of floor space. In comparison, they are less than a quarter of the size of a hot water tank and are mounted on the wall. This allows you flexibility in placing the unit in different locations around your home, and frees up floor space.
5. Most importantly, tankless systems are built to last. On average they last almost twice as long as a traditional hot water heater. The lack of sitting water extends the units lifespan, and allows manufacturers to offer a desirable warranty to consumers.
These units are ENERGY STAR® rated, and eligible for a FortisBC rebate. They are easy to maintain and will also increase the re-sale value of your home. As you can see there are many reasons to consider a tankless water heater over a traditional hot water tank. Whether your current unit in on its last legs or you are looking to upgrade and make your home more efficient Rinnai tankless water heaters are the perfect solution for any home.
Give us a call to learn more about getting a tankless water heater installed in your home, our team of experts is available to answer your questions, we also provide a free no obligation quote.