Hot and cool deals.
Be sure to check back often, as we are frequently updating this page. Want to be informed about our next Promotion? Sign up for our newsletter below!
Appliance Maintenance Rebate
Give your furnace or boiler and fireplace some TLC. Have them serviced.
Have your natural gas furnace or boiler and fireplace serviced between May 14 and September 30, 2018, and you could qualify for a $25 rebate on each—one for your furnace or boiler and one for your fireplace—for a total rebate of $50.
Are you eligible?*
1. You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer with an individual gas meter. Strata premises/units are not eligible.
2. The maintenance service must be carried out by a Technical Safety BC licensed natural gas contractor. You can find a licensed contractor in your area by searching our directory.
3. Visual inspections only are not eligible.
4. The service must occur between May 14 and September 30, 2018.
5. If you qualify, your rebate will appear as a credit on your FortisBC natural gas bill.
Natural Gas Water Heater Rebate
Replace your aging water heater with a qualifying natural gas ENERGY STAR model and you could save on energy costs, plus you’ll be eligible for a rebate of up to $1,000.
Are you eligible?*1. You must be a FortisBC natural gas residential customer.
2. You must be replacing an existing water heater.
3. Your application must be postmarked within 60 days of the purchase date.
*You can find a complete list of requirements under the terms and conditions.
|Water heater type||Rebate||Efficiency|
|High-efficiency Storage Tank (More Details)||$200||Good|
|High-efficiency Tankless (More Details)||$400||Excellent|
|Ultimate High-Efficiency Tankless (More Details)||$500||Ultimate in Tankless Efficiency|
|Ultimate High-Efficiency Storage Tank (More Details)||$1,000||Ultimate in Storage Tank Efficiency|
New Gas Connection Rebate:
Connect to gas and save
By connecting to natural gas, you can save energy and money while enjoying the cosy warmth your family needs. Natural gas is piped directly to your home, meaning no more oil storage tank, wood chopping or filling propane tanks, and you’ll have more options for additional natural gas appliances too.
Annual fuel cost – space heating1,2
Vancouver Island and Sunshine Coast
Our rebates add up to big savings:
In total, installing a natural gas heating or heating and hot water system may qualify you for up to $2,700 in rebates.
|$1,300 rebate for customers who convert their primary heating source from oil, propane or wood to natural gas and install an eligible ENERGY STAR® natural gas heating system|
|$1,700 rebate for customers who convert their primary heating source from oil, propane or wood to natural gas and install both an eligible ENERGY STAR® natural gas heating system and a natural gas water heating system, or an eligible combination heat and hot water system|
|$700 rebate for customers who install anatural gas direct vent wall furnace|
|$1100 rebate for customers who install a natural gas direct vent wall furnace & natural gas water heating system.|
|up to $1,000 in an additional rebate through our separate Natural Gas Water Heater rebate program if you install an eligible high efficiency natural gas water heater. See program page for full terms and conditions.|
Natural Gas Furnace and Boilers Rebate
Replace your old natural gas furnace or boiler with an eligible ENERGY STAR® model and you could qualify for a rebate of either $500 or $700 on a furnace, or $500 on a boiler.
Are you eligible?*
1. You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer, with natural gas as your primary source of heat.
2. Your existing furnace or boiler must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour).
3. You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace or boiler with a two-pipe direct vent system.**
4. You must have purchased, installed and paid in full for your furnace or boiler on or after July 10, 2018.
5. Applications must be submitted within 60 days of the installation date.
*You can find a complete list of requirements on the application form. **To be verified by submitting a photograph as part of your application.
Eligible models and available rebates
|New heating system||Rebate||Eligible models|
|95 - 96.9% AFUE furnace||$500|
|97 - 99% AFUE furnace||$700*|
|94% AFUE or higher boiler||$500||boilers|
*This incentive may become a part of a provincial energy efficiency program funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.
How to apply
For tips on applying for your rebate, watch our video.
See a sample invoice to ensure your invoice includes all required information.
Furnace and Boiler Replacement Program
PO Box 9090
Surrey, BC V3T 5W4
Note: if mailing, registered mail is recommended.
5. Applications may take up to 90 days to process.